Forum for Thought Blog
The Intersection of Afterschool and SEL for 21st Century Readiness
Research is clear that social and emotional learning (SEL) is integral in supporting the academic, personal, and professional development of young people. Building upon a session at the 2017 Ready By 21 Conference in Austin, TX, this webinar will highlight national research and best practices from around the country to explore:
- The value of afterschool settings in cultivating SEL;
- The ways in which SEL can align with 21st century/employability skills over time;
- What developmentally-appropriate social and emotional skill-building looks like in practice;
- The relationship between afterschool program quality and the measurement of SEL practices for the purposes of continuous improvement; and
- How SEL in afterschool settings aligns with other common community goals along the continuum of services for young people.
Carinne Deeds, Senior Policy Associate, American Youth Policy Forum
Erica Curry Van-Ee, Founder, Urban Curry Consulting (Grand Rapids, Michigan)
Daniel Tsin, Director of Data and Accountability, Urban Alliance
Sam Redding, Senior Learning Specialist, Center on Innovations in Learning
This session is presented in partnership with Ready by 21.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|